Join us for the Physics Department Open House on November 11th from 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm. It will be held in the RLM Building at Dean Keeton & Speedway Streets.
The study of Physics knows no bounds - 21 labs will be open including:
- Petawatt Laser (more power than all the world's power plants) produces conditions like inside stars@
- Biophysics - microscope for imaging highways within a cell
- Materials Science - atomic microscopes reveal bizarre quantum physics phenomena
- Ultra-cold atoms - quantum computation
- Popping Baloons - why do things break?
- Higgs Boson - found at last?
POSTER SESSION 2 - 4PM 4TH FLOOR (ENTRANCE LEVEL) LOBBY
LABORATORY TOURS 2 - 5PM
SNACKS ON FLOORS 2, 3, 9, 10, 13, & 14
WATERMELON DROP OFF OF THE RLM ROOF AT 5:15 PM
OTHER MAJORS TEACH YOU THE 'HOW' --- WE TEACH YOU THE 'WHY'